Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
DTE04539FRA.jpg
A ruined car and houses in Oradour sur Glane, a village in the Haute Vienne department. On 10 June 1944, 642 of its inhabitants, including women and children, were massacred by a German Waffen SS company. A new village was built after the war on a nearby site but on the orders of the then French president, Charles de Gaulle, the original has been maintained as a permanent memorial and museum.