Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
DTE04540FRA.jpg
Oradour sur Glane is a commune in the Haute Vienne department in the Limousin region in France. The original population was destroyed on 10 June 1944, when 642 of its inhabitants, including women and children, were massacred by a German Waffen SS company. A new village was built after the war on a nearby site but on the orders of the then French president, Charles de Gaulle, the original has been maintained as a permanent memorial and museum.