Image 1 of 1
Stacey Haney sits with her 11 year old daughter Paige and 14 year old son Harley. Haney leased her land for shale gas extraction last year and problems have arisen ever since. First, local roads were destroyed. She and her family became ill and animals started dying – two dogs, a horse and the children's goat. She began to suspect their water and the fumes from the nearby chemical waste pond and compressors were poisoning them. Her son edged toward liver failure. After tests, their blood showed high levels of toxic chemicals including arsenic, toluene and benzene.