Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 1 of 1
CKE00367GHA.jpg
A man stands on a rusting canon one of several piled up in the grounds of St George's Castle in Elmina. The castle is a UNESCO world heritage site, built in 1482 by the Portuguese, later captured by the Dutch and the English. It was used as a holding centre for imprisoned African's prior to their transportation into slavery.