Law & Order by Jan Banning

Share
twitterlinkedinfacebook
Image 52 of 74
< Prev Next >
00211536.jpg
An inmate in a cell at Versailles women's prison. Built in 1750 as a boarding school for boys, it has been a women's prison, with a capacity of 58, since the mid-19th century. It now houses 53 inmates, 80% of whom are incarcerated for a maximum of four months, the other 20% for up to a year. It also houses 80 'de semi liberte' who go out to work or study during the day and the rest of the time they spend in prison.